PECVD N20 Upgrade
The centrotherm standard PECVD system is designed for deposition processes of a variety of silicon nitride layers and layer stacks with a refractive index ranging from 1.95 to approximately 2.7. With respect to advanced high-efficiency solar cell designs the standard PECVD process system is pushed to its limits.
Thanks to the centrotherm PECVD N2O Upgrade, the range can be greatly extended by depositing dielectric layers with refractive index down to 1.5. The upgrade kit widens the process range and therefore contributes to substantially enhance your competitive position by integrating efficiency-enhancing processes and reducing PID effects.
In combination with the wider process range based on the N2O process integration, centrotherm developed its own PECVD process for a substantial reduction of Potential Induced Degradation [PID].
- No additional production tool required
- No efficiency loss on cell level
- No BOM adjustment on module level
- Multiple field results on improved PID resistance
Improved process flexibility
The centrotherm N2O process upgrade allows enhanced results and an improved flexibility regarding anti-reflection coating and passivation in mono and multi solar cell processing for improved efficiency and cell appearance.
- Graded and double layer for improved anti-reflection in a wide wavelength range
- Interface engineering and surface cleaning, e.g. by oxygen treatment
Advanced cell designs
For various high performance solar cell technologies the centrotherm N2O process upgrade becomes essential. Thus, for dielectric rear side passivation in combination with local BSF contacts, e.g. applied in combination centrotherm centaurus technology, the N2O process is applied.
- Dielectric rear side passivation and internal light reflection
- Efficiency improvement with complete centaurus upgrade up to 1 %
- Improved long wavelength response