Quality and process control are key factors for a high-efficiency and low-cost production of wafers, solar cells and modules. In collaboration with subsidiary GP Solar, centrotherm photovoltaics supplies the product series "GP Solar Inspect" which covers inspection and characterization systems designed for the multiple requirements in photovoltaics industry.
The wafer inspection process can be performed at the end of a wafer production line or as incoming inspection in a solar cell production line. The main inspection criteria are geometry, contour, contamination, thickness, resistivity, lifetime and others. We offer specialized solutions based on latest technologies for PV inspection processes.
- Highly reliable detection rate
- Soft wafer handling automatism
- High throughput (3600 wafers/h)
- Operator friendly user interface
Our quality inspection systems are designed for front and rear side solar cell classification. The systems measure the most important cell inspection criteria such as print accuracy and precision, cell geometry, surface, color and others. In our cell inspection system we unite the latest inspection technology and many years of classification experience in pv industry.
- High accuracy classification of defects
- High accuracy measurement of front and rear side parameters
- Individual measurement of criteria and their logical combination within the recipe
- Multiple interface standards for factory network and database connection
- Fully automated system calibration procedure
Additionaly our product portfolio contains characterization systems for solar cell product development and qualification as well as reference samples for calibration of inline equipment. Our equipment precisely measures product characteristics and correlates R&D measurements with production data. The measured product characteristics are wafer quality and stability, print quality, reflectance, solar cell performance and others which influence efficiency, loss and lifetime.
- Separate software tool for analysis and statistical data handling
- Intensive know-how in loss analysis procedures
- All systems are fully dedicated for use in pv industry